At 605 Sheds, we understand that you may need to replace your T-Handle or your Shed Hinges. That’s why we have made it easy for you to pick out any replacement and get it delivered to your house. Click here to buy a replacement hinge, or T- Handle!
What a world we live in right now! One thing that rings true through this madness, is how much we are trying to lift up our communities as much as we can. Although we respect the decisions of businesses shutting down, or being forced to close, we are hoping to keep our doors open as much as possible. We know it’s not easy to have to close your doors and perhaps, your livelihood. We know it’s not easy wondering where the money will come from for your bills. We are with you and we hope that this vanishes as quickly as it has come. So here is our commitment to you:
- By keeping our doors open, it allows us to continue to buy the materials made in our storage sheds. The materials, when available, our purchased locally and we know that every little bit helps when purchasing the material.
- We are limiting the amount of people that are working, limiting our interactions with our coworkers, and issuing check in and check outs if anyone needs to run an errand. This is our way of slowing the spread and social distancing.
- We our encouraging our employees to help other local small businesses while they can. It is tough, but we know every bit helps!
While we are open, we are still taking customer orders. A customer has the capability to visit any one of our dealers, and doesn’t even need to leave the vehicle. If they see one they like, you can call the dealer to order or you can visit our 3D builder to customize any shed in a way that fits your needs. We can send the order via email, and deliver the shed without you being there. We can literally do a shed order to delivery with no human interaction if that is what you prefer!
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and as always, give us a call if you have any questions!!
We get this question all the time. Why don’t we just build our own shed, it may save us some money? The truth. Your absolutely right. Maybe. Or absolutely wrong. It just depends.
A shed manufacturer such as 605 Sheds, has the capability to buy materials in bulk and get price discounts. We also have designed an efficient way of building our sheds, and delivering them. Therefore, as reflected in our prices, we are typically the most cost effective in the area when it comes to purchasing high quality and long lasting sheds.
If you have the time, and the ability we always recommend to a potential customer to build their own shed. The food always tastes better when you cook it yourself parallels building a shed. We believe the amount of joy and satisfaction you can get from building your own storage shed can sometimes outweigh the cost. Key word — SOMETIMES.
Our material savings, and efficient process means we can get a shed to you as cost effective as possible. If you were to build a shed, chances are you can get materials for cheaper then a shed we would sell you. However, you need to add in your time and labor when building a shed. If you find that you have the ability and time to make a shed, we say go for it.
If not, you can always contact us for a free quote today!!
It’s easy for us to sit back and criticize other sheds. However, we aren’t going to do that. In fact, much of the work that goes into making sure our sheds are the sturdiest around usually came from another manufacturer. We aren’t inventing the wheel here, just trying to make it better. So what do we look at when comparing sheds? We’ve compiled a list for you so when you are ready to purchase a shed, you can make sure what to look at as well.
- Type of roof — Most shed manufacturers will use either a shingle or a metal roof. We also know that there are certain zoning laws that require one to either get a metal or shingle roof. However, if given the chance, we always recommend going with a metal roof. We were one of the first to bring a metal roof in the area, and given the midwest winters it’s hard to wonder how people got by with shingle roofs for so long. Typically, with our sheds, the metal roof will last longer then the shed itself.
- Siding — LP Smartside siding is really the only way to go when zoning allows. The siding is coated with way for moisture resistance and bonded with resin and other binders. The warranty of LP siding is covered for 50 years and this includes hail damage. LP is really the only way to go when building a storage shed that will last in the midwest.
- Flooring – This is where we stand out to a lot of our competitors. Not only does our floor have a beautiful, professional-grade appearance with no knots or voids, it also is treated with SmartGuard. This protects the shed against fungal decay and termite or other bug damage. It also resists warping, splitting, and cracking.
- Skids – Last, but not least. Our sheds use large, notched 4×6 skids. This creates a VERY STURDY base for the shed. Arguably, the most important part of the shed we hope this is the first thing you look at when comparing sheds.
Christmas is here and we have so many things to be Thankful for this year. Our customers, employees, and family members that put up with our slight obsession to storage sheds have made this year one of our best!!!
Christmas is the time to sit down and reflect the things that we are thankful for. It’s a time for us to see family members that you may not to get to see as much as you’d like. It’s a time to sip on holiday drinks and eat more food then we should. It’s a time to share presents with our loved ones and watch the smile on our child’s face when they open a present from Santa because they were a good boy or girl (or sometimes naughty J).
We wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR!! And Remember, Christ is the reason for the Season!!
God Bless you all,
From all of us at 605 Sheds!
We can only say ONE thing on this Thanksgiving day! THANK YOU!! We have had the opportunity to serve over 400+ communities and it makes us feel grateful that we live in the wonderful Midwest.
Enjoy TODAY and may you surround yourself with loved ones!!
Buying a shed can sometimes be a decision that is procrastinated until it may be too late. More times than not, one will realize they need a shed as the winter approaches. Unfortunately, if you are thinking you need a shed it may be better to pull the trigger now.
Many shed companies will experience the “fall rush”. This can push delivery times out and therefore can be a race against mother nature. 605 Sheds does take pride in delivering throughout the winter. Our machines and equipment do allow us to move sheds even if there is snow on the ground. However, we do everything with safety in mind and will not move a shed if it is slippery, windy, or low visibility.
If you are thinking about buying a shed, beat the fall rush and meet a local dealer today!!!
605 Sheds is known for its premium flooring and large notched skids that create the perfect base for your shed. We always tell an interested customer to look at the base when buying a shed and you’ll see why our sheds are build the best. However, today we want to explain why looking up is also important. There are a few things you will see, such as ceiling rafters, OSB, and gusset plates. This article will focus on a gusset plate and why we choose our design vs. the others available.
A gusset plate is a plate for connecting beams and columns and is used to strengthen the joint. This is especially important in the Midwest as snow can make for an extra heavy roof. That is why we choose metal gussets that are machine pressed into all of our joints. Our gussets are industry leading in the weight it can support. We also strategically place our gussets in a way that provides the most possible support for the roof. Compare this to plywood or OSB gussets that are glued on, and one can easily understand that
605 Sheds are affordable, built to last, and use top notch components to build the best shed in the Midwest. We also provide an unmatched warranty and lastly, we are also Midwest owned and operated. Contact us today to see how we can serve you!
Sheds are a big investment. They can cost thousands of dollars and more importantly, protect your personal property that can cost even more. That’s why it’s important to not only look at the shed, but also the company that makes them.
It’s no secret that our sheds are built tough. As we’ve stated before, from the ground up are sheds are simply built better. 4 x 6 notched skids create the PERFECT base for your shed, which is the single more important element of any shed. However, one shouldn’t only look at the shed when purchasing a barn, they should also look a the company. That’s where we are different!!
A warranty is only good, if the company that provided it still exists. Being the largest storage shed company in the area, we don’t plan on going any where. We have been in the game for a long time, and have seen many others come and go. So it’s important to look for a company with strength.
Also, being local allows us to be able to travel for any warranty issues that may arise (albeit, that is usually a small number). We don’t need to call corporate and get approval. We can simply jump in the truck with our tools and go.
It’s always important to look for a good quality shed, but also to take a look at the company who is making them. Please let us know if you’d like to learn more information about our company, or contact us today if interested in purchasing one of our sheds!!
605 Sheds is proud to introduce we are now building on site. We will start in a BETA phase and focus on an area around Huron including Sioux Falls, Brookings, and Watertown. On-site buildings can only be done via a cash sale (no financing available). The buildings will be prefabricated at our factory and shipped to the customers house for assembly.
There are a few reasons you may want to purchase an on-site build.
- Types of Properties – Some residential and commercial areas have tight fitting spaces that won’t allow for any type of shed (no matter how small) to be hauled in an individual’s backyard. Thus, the only way to get a high-quality storage shed is to build it on site.
- Cement Slab – Many people want to skip the storage shed floor and have a concrete floor instead. In some instances, this can be beneficial. In this instance, you will need a cement slab on the foundation before we deliver. If you do not have anybody, we have crews that we work with, and may be able to recommend.
There are a few options we offer when building an on-site storage shed. We can build the floor on-site or we can use the cement slab as the foundation. When building a floor, it will cost the customer a bit more money than without building the floor. Depending on the size of the shed, the options, and all other factors; the building process may take 1-3 days. You can expect to get your shed delivered around 2 to 3 weeks after ordering.